Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Monday, April 2, 2012
- All Purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Vanilla flavoured Custard Powder - 3/4 cup [or Cornflour]
- Baking powder - 2 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 1/2 tsp[if using cornflour]
- Butter - 150 gms, room temperature
- Milk - 1 cup
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon and mix well.
- Add the milk and the butter and beat with the spoon until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and bake at 180C for about 45 minutes - 60 minutes or till the cake is done and a skewer poked into the cake comes out clean.
** I baked 24 cupcakes with the above recipe
Sunday, April 1, 2012
To fix stomach problems
- Cucumbers are great digestives and have a cleansing effect on the bowel, so include them in your daily diet.
- Curry leaves have the qualities of herbal tonic and are used in the treatment of digestive disorders, morning sickness, vomiting and dysentery.
- Eat moderate portions. If you keep portion sizes reasonable, it's easier to eat the foods you want and digest them and stay healthy.
- For indigestion/acidity - drink lime juice mixed with ginger juice. Pudina (Mint) also helps indigestion.
- In suffering from an upset stomach with flatulence, take dry ginger powder mixed with buttermilk for quick relief.
- Include 5 to 10 thin slivers of ginger soaked in lemon juice in your meals to reduce gastric problems.
- Make meal times pleasant by listening to music as it aids in digestion.
- Mix coriander juice with buttermilk and drink it to treat indigestion.
- Substitute normal tea with green tea to aid digestion and boost immunity.
- The juice of tulsi leaves mixed with ½ teaspoon cardamom powder acts as an antidote for vomiting.